Once your blog is thriving, you may feel like you are working overtime to keep it running. It seems like there are always social media updates to schedule, emails to answer, posts to write, brands to pitch . . . the list of tasks may be never-ending!
Thankfully, virtual assistants (VAs) exist to get you the help you need with your blog. Not sure if you should hire a virtual assistant for your blog? Below are seven reasons that hiring a VA can be beneficial to your blog!
Why You Should Hire a Virtual Assistant
1. Reduce the busy work. Spending hours on tasks that could easily be outsourced gives you more time to work on more pressing duties. You can have your VA schedule social media, answer basic emails, create images, or conduct research for blog posts.
2. Gain professional help. If your blogging or online business skill set is lacking in one area, hire a virtual assistant to help you out. For example, not all bloggers are masters of list building. Seek a virtual assistant with extensive experience helping others build their lists online.
Yes, these types of VAs exist! Others may be able to help you grow your Pinterest presence or Facebook page, land campaigns with brands, or get your posts more exposure. Hiring out rather than taking the time to learn new skills yourself will save you time – and likely money too!
3. Have more time for family. You likely started your blog so you could have the freedom to spend time with loved ones. When your blog tasks command 10 hours per day, 6 days a week, do you really have the freedom you always wanted?
By hiring a virtual assistant for your blog, you will free up your weekend, and shorten your workdays. This gives you time for your children, your spouse, and even yourself!
4. Less risk of missing deadlines. When you have a mile long to-do list sitting in front of your computer, it’s easy for deadlines to creep up. The stress and overwhelm from multiple deadlines can also force you to procrastinate, leaving everything due to the last minute.
And if there’s a sure-fire way to put yourself on a brand’s bad side, it’s missing a deadline. Reduce the chances of missing a due date by hiring a VA to take some tasks off your hands.
5. Get more done in less time. With another set of hands typing to create blog posts or emails, you can mark more to-do’s off your lists each day. In some cases, bloggers hire a VA solely to get caught up with all of the pressing duties and responsibilities that need to be taken care of. Keeping a VA on hand, however, will ensure you don’t get behind ever again.
6. Increase your productivity. With the busy work assigned to your virtual assistant, you can sit down at your desk each day feeling motivated to work. Since you have a much shorter task list – which is now filled only with the tasks you enjoy or need to complete yourself – you can feel good that you will get everything done that needs to be each day.
7. Land more clients. With an extra person there to help you out, you can feel free to apply for, reach out for, or accept more campaigns from your favorite brands and blog networks. This, in turn, means more income coming in from your blog. If nothing else, it will help offset the cost of your VA helping you out!
As you can see, there are many good reasons to hire a virtual assistant for your blog. Once you’ve reached the point where you feel overwhelmed or burned out, considering finding someone that is a good fit to help you with the busy work. Where do I recommend you go? Elite VA Buy/Sell Exclusive Content on Facebook – it’s a group I’ve used many times. Just post your needs there and someone will help. You can also leave a comment for me and I’ll email you recommendations!